“Be More Interesting”
Already in its seventh edition, Jenny Kellett brings you her bestselling HUGE Book of Amazing Facts, updated for 2023.
Chock-full of incredible, curious, and mind-blowing Facts, you’ll be able to impress your friends or improve your knowledge with over 800 of only the best hand-picked trivia facts. The facts are divided into categories for easy reference. Whether you’re into sports, history, science or something a little bit bizarre — there are hundreds of amazing facts for you.
Did you know these amazing facts…?
- The word ‘quarantine’ comes from quarantena, meaning 40 days in old Venetian. During the Black Plague, the Venetians imposed a 40-day ban on arrivals into the city.
- ‘Mountain Dew’ was once a slang term for moonshine (homemade whiskey) in the south of the US and parts of the UK.
- Neil Armstrong and his Apollo 11 colleagues had to go through US Customs when they landed back on Earth from the moon.
- The time difference between the Stegosaurus and Tyrannosaurus Rex is greater than the time difference between Tyrannosaurus Rex and the first humans.
- In ancient Egypt, Pharaohs would smear their servants with honey so that they would attract the flies.
Discover these amazing facts and hundreds more in The Huge Book of Amazing Facts and Interesting Stuff 2023. It’s the ideal gift for trivia fans of all ages. Give the gift of knowledge with the internet’s most up-to-date fact book.
Check out some more of our new releases.